Broadening Perspectives on Broadening Participation in STEM: A Toolkit to Support Science Engagement Professionals
To help informal STEM education (ISE) and science communication groups reflect on and strengthen their efforts to broaden participation in STEM, CAISE’s Broadening Participation in STEM Task Force developed a suite of professional development tools.
If you are a staff leader or trainer working on broadening participation, these resources can help support your work. You can use them to plan and lead reflective discussions about current practices, with an eye to developing goals, strategies, and priorities that can make your ISE and science communication work more inclusive.
- Toolkit Overview
- Report: Broadening Perspectives on Broadening Participation in STEM: Critical Perspectives on the Role of Science Engagement
- Stakeholder Summary: How Can Our Efforts with Public Engagement with Science Be More Inclusive?
- Conversation Guide
- Why Broaden Perspectives on Broadening Participation in STEM?
- What Does Learning Have to Do With Science Communication?
- What Does Assest-Based STEM Learning Look Like?
- What Are the Cultural Norms of STEM and Why Do They Matter?
- What Counts as STEM?
- How Can We Help Scientists Adopt Equity Approaches to Science Communication?
- What is a STEM Learning Ecosystem?
- How Can We Rethink Assumptions About Parent Engagement?
- How Can We Build on Existing Assets Within a Community?
- How Can Institutions Model Inclusion in the Workplace?
- What Does Working "With" (not "For") Our Communities Look Like?
Request to Edit a Resource
If you would like to edit a resource, please use this form to submit your request.